Tuesday, August 14, 2007

beyond city limits...

Take me to another place, take me to another land, make me forget all that hurts me, let me understand your plan…


Over the past couple weeks I've had a growing desire to travel, nay, to relocate. This is partly due to continual stream of friends packing their bags and finding new places to call home. But still, before the fad of travel began the in-thing amongst my peoples, the notion of getting out of the GTA, for a period of time, was a prevalent one in my mind. Montreal was the first place in my mind that I was considering post my time at Laurier. A trip to Chicago quickly put that city near the top of my list. My urban planning sensibilities put Africa or South America as places to get some international experience and exposure. Recently, NYC has been garnering some attention, with its fine institutions for graduate study. I love Toronto and have yet to uncover half of its surprises and find myself in perpetual amazement (sometimes confusion) of how this city operates, but I am of the strong belief that my love for Toronto would probably increase if it was place I made a return to. Like the song goes… I think I need a change of scenery.

No comments: